Monday, July 7, 2014

flooding not a factor, so on with the race.

After the busy 4th of July festivities, I knew it was time to get back to business.  The first thing on my agenda was to take a ride and check out flood damage to the course.  I also must admit, I was pretty sure there was going to be water somewhere over the road especially after seeing flood warnings on the Weather Channel banner stating the Iowa River going over in Lone Tree.

As we did see a lot of flooding, there was no water over any roadway that would effect the race.  However if you ride up from Iowa City you may already be aware that Sand road is closed from Hills intersection to Hwy. 22. 

The race is on and I hope that Mother Nature will decide that we have enough water for now.  The only water I want is in my bottle, nice and cold, pre race!   

No comments:

Post a Comment