Saturday, March 3, 2012

Welcome to the 2012 Road Season!

March winds are upon us already. Last year is in the books and the time has come to dust off our TT bikes and test our lungs and legs for another season!

My dates have been set for the TT's since November's IBRA meeting, and I am officially permitted to put on the series. A couple of new items this year; I have added online registration. If that is your preferred way of registering go to http://usacycling.org/ I will not give you a discount for the series if you pre-register for a couple of reasons. One, it only costs $10 to race, which is one of if not the lowest entry fee for any race around these parts. I barely break even at ten bucks. Second, I don't need any added confusion over who pays what. Just be glad I am putting on a race. ;-)

The other new thing is my dates are much more consistent. That is, every second Tuesday of the month, beginning in April and ending in August: April 10, May 8, June 12, July 10 and Aug. 14Th.

And for those of you who have not visited the IBRA's website here is a link: http://iowabicycleracing.org/
This will keep you up to date on ALL of the racing in the the state of Iowa. Check it out.

I will also suggest that those of you who do 5-6 races a year, seriously consider obtaining a USAC licence for $60. The $10. one day licence makes the rediculously inexpensive ten dollar entry fee a twenty dollar fee. Think about it.

Well look for my flyers up around town soon. And stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment