Sunday, June 10, 2012

Time Trial number three is just around the corner

Tuesday, June 12th is the next race.   I am up and at em, at least in the everyday world.  Not yet racing, but working on that.  I will be at the time trial on Tuesday to help register everyone and give Brian, our official, some assistance.

 I hope that those of you who raced this weekend at Grinell and/or Galena will try the race "on for size" if you never have.  If Tuesday traditionally is your group night ride, maybe deviate from the ordinary routine and do a really intense interval.  :-)   If you are new to racing or a triathlete, I welcome you with open arms.  Please let me know at sign up if this is your first time.

I try to make this a race worth going to in a lot of ways.  We have some fun prizes which are donated with love from local businesses, such as Bluebird Diner, New Pioneer Coop, Geoff's Bike and Ski.... and there are typically refreshments for everyone post race while results are being tabulated.  The site of the race is terrific.  the outhouse in the park is the only part I wish I could change.  But  hey...at least there is one. We have a TANDEM category.  We have a women's MASTER category.  Those are two things I hope more races have in place in the future!  The cost is inexpensive compared to most races which cost  $15-35.  or more if it is a big race with lots of cash prizes.  And..then there is the course, short but technical with turns and corners thrown in for fun.  We now have a sheriff on board for your safety, thanks to Mark Guthart.

So make this a monthly training ritual.  Support Grass Roots Racing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment