After talking to a few people and working this out in my head, I have decided to cancel the race for tomorrow. I have rescheduled the race for August the 26th.
I have thought about it and the gravel stretches are too long for a 10 mile time trial. In total out and back we are looking at 10 stretches. It could potentially be too dangerous for those who are not accustomed to riding fast on a loose surface. I have had to reschedule in the past due to inclement weather. As this is always a difficult decision to make, it must be made for the safety of those participating. I hope many of you can make it over on that evening. Please know that because this date falls in the school year, we may experience some issues with parking at the park. If so we may direct you to the High School lot down the street. For now I have my fingers crossed!
Please let others know who may not follow this blogger or my FB page about the change in date.
Thanks very much for your understanding and my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.